- LaBRI – 351, cours de la Libération - F-33405 Talence CEDEX – France
Designing novel visualization and interaction techniques. In particular, investigating scalable ways to interact with large-scale data through visual representations, regarding both the representation and the processing aspects.
|2016–Present||Ph.D. student in Computer Science, University of Bordeaux, LaBRI
- Thesis subject: Interactive visualization on big data infrastructure
- Advisors: David Auber & Romain Bourqui.
|2012–2015||M.Sc in Computer Science, with honors, Bordeaux INP, ENSEIRB-Matméca|
Research & Professional Experience
|2015–2016||Researcher Engineer, University of Bordeaux, LaBRI||France|
|2015||Engineering Intern, FastConnect / Atos
- Advisor: Abdelkrim Hadjidj.
|Summer 2014||Research Intern, POSTECH, Computer Graphics Lab.
- Advisor: Prof. Lee Seungyong.
Skills & Assets
|Environment & Libraries||OpenGL, HTML/CSS, Vue.js, OpenMP, Hadoop, Spark, elasticsearch|
|Software & Tools||versioning tools (git, svn), graphical editors (Inkscape, GIMP), document formatting (LaTeX, LibreOffice)|
|Operating Systems||Linux, MS Windows|
- French (mother tongue)
- English (full professional proficiency, TOEIC : 990⁄990, IELTS : 7,5 / 9 in Jan. 2014)
- Spanish (elementary proficiency)
- notions of Korean, Japanese and Mandarin
More details here.
Refereed Journal Publications
- [J2] G. Richer, J. Sansen, F. Lalanne, D. Auber, and R. Bourqui. 2019, “Hiepaco: Scalable hierarchical exploration in abstract parallel coordinates under budget constraints”, Big Data Research.
- [J1] J. Sansen, G. Richer, T. Jourde, F. Lalanne, D. Auber, and R. Bourqui. 2017, “Visual exploration of large multidimensional data using parallel coordinates on big data infrastructure”, Informatics, vol. 4, no. 3, p. 21.
Refereed Conference Publications
- [C2] G. Richer, R. Bourqui, and D. Auber. 2019, “Corfish: Coordinating emphasis across multiple views using spatial distortion,” in 2019 IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium, [26% acceptance rate], IEEE Computer Society, pp. 1–10.
- [C1] A. Hinge, G. Richer, and D. Auber. 2017, “Mugdad: Multilevel graph drawing algorithm in a distributed architecture,” in Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision, IADIS, Lisbon, Portugal, p. 189.
Refereed Workshops Publications
- [W1] G. Richer, J. Sansen, F. Lalanne, D. Auber, and R. Bourqui. Mar. 2018, “Enabling hierarchical exploration for large-scale multidimensional data with abstract parallel coordinates,” in Proceedings of the Workshops of the EDBT/ICDT 2018 Joint Conference (EDBT/ICDT 2018), Vienna, Austria, March 26, 2018., pp. 76–83.
Seminars & Talks
- Corfish: Coordinating emphasis across multiple views using spatial distortion, Paper presented at the 2019 Pacific Visualization Symposium in Bangkok, Thailand, Apr. 2019.
- Enabling hierarchical exploration for large-scale multidimensional data with abstract parallel coordinates, Paper presented at the Big Data Visual Exploration and Analytics Workshop, EDBT/ICDT 2018 in Vienna, Austria, Mar. 2018.
Participation to the Dagstuhl Progressive Data Analysis and Visualization Seminar on large-scale information retrieval and analysis (October 2018, Germany).
Teaching & Mentoring Experience
2017-2019: Teaching Assistant, Bordeaux University Institutes of Technology, Dept. Computer Science. Undergraduate courses (total 128h class):
- Introduction to Algorithms & Programming (15 students), class 2h/week, grading
- Introduction to Computer Networks (25 students), class 4h/week, grading
- Undergraduate student intern, 6 months.
Project: Multi-scale scatterplot matrix visualization application for large-scale data
- Graduate students senior project, 6 students, 1 month.
Project: Spark-backed graph visualization tool for citation graphs.
- EuroVis 2019
- Organization of EDBT/ICDT 2017