(French administrative view...)
You will need a visa.
As soon as possible, you need to inform Pascal Weil
and Philippe Biais
of your upcoming trip, and to provide the following information and documents:
1. Your status (doctoral student, post-doc fellow, Professor, etc)
2. Full name (as close as possible to passport data, letting us know
what you want to come in the "First name"/"Last name" fields)
3. Home address (in India)
4. Professional address
5. Exact travel dates
6. A copy of your airticket
7. A copy of the page(s) on your passport showing your name etc.
Items 6 and 7 can be faxed, or scanned and emailed. In case of a fax,
indicate "A l'intention de M. Philippe Biais", and let Pascal Weil know
by email that you have sent the fax.
8. Find out how much your train tickets will cost (if you will travel
within France and wish for the French side of the project to pay for
9. When in France, keep the originals of your accomodation
bills/receipts, and of your train tickets. You will need to mail them
to Philippe Biais at the end of your stay.
If for some reason there is some delay in getting your airticket, you
can provisionally send an itinerary, as provided by your airline or
travel agent. If your passport is temporarily blocked (say, with the
French Consulate), let us know and do not delay sending the other
Philippe Biais's contacts
Postal address: LaBRI - CNRS / 351 cours de la Libération / 33405 Talence Cedex - France
Telephone: +33 5 40 00 6672
Fax: +33 5 40 00 6669